Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Norrmalmstorg

Brasserie Vau De Ville Norrmalmstorg
Two photos from Norrmalmstorg. A square in Stockholm that became world-famous back in the 1970s during the Norrmalmstorg robbery. It is also where the term Stockholm Syndrome came from. I was a kid when all that happened, but I remember it as it was yesterday, well almost. Last year, they made a Netflix TV series about an infamous criminal, Clark Olofsson. He was the guy that the bank robber Jan-Erik Olsson demanded be released, so he could join him in the bank, where they stayed for nearly a week. I haven't watched the show, but last I heard, Clark was unhappy with how they made him look in the show. Anyway, today the square looks a bit different. There are often big protests here. I was here with Greta last year, and just a few days ago I walked in to another protest. But when I took these two photos people were just out in the Spring sunshine, have a good time on the benches or at Brasserie Vau De Ville.

5 comments:

roentare said...

Stockholm syndrome is a must learn syndrome in psychology. Good to see a cafe full of people in there

s.c said...

It is clear. With a little sunshine, half of Stockholm plops down on the terraces to enjoy themselves, and they are right.

Andy said...

I like the relaxing and enjoying the sunshine... but protesters... sometimes I don't get it.

William Kendall said...

Looks like a good day to be out.

RedPat said...

A square with history.
It looks like all of Stockholm goes out in the sunshine.