Wednesday, February 09, 2022

The Medieval Church

The Medieval Church
I am not someone who will visit a church anytime soon. But this is the cemetery where most of my family rests, so I do visit, with camera, every now and then. This is the Medieval church in Västerhaninge, the oldest part are around 800 years old. It was hit by lighning once and I guess that will happen once every 800 years or so. You have met the pretty priest, Sara, that works here a couple of times. This time I took a walk around the cemetery because of the mist.

6 comments:

Andy said...

Looks like a rainy day that adds atmosphere to the scene. I was surprised to see Sara. We don't have any Priest like her here.

s.c said...

Beautiful little graveyard with church. In contrast to the graveyard that church doesn't look very old. Perhaps by restauration after hit by lightning.

William Kendall said...

There's a welcome softness to this.

Linda said...

Beautiful image!

JudithK said...

A nice bit of dimma, and in the company of your forebearers.

Amy said...

800 years, wow thats amazing, nice that you get to visit your family though