Sunday, January 15, 2023

The Woodland Cemetery

The Woodland Cemetery
This was my last photo on that misty day, a few days ago now. Cycling home, I stopped at the Woodland Cemetery as I always do. This is the big granite cross. Designed by the agnostic architect Gunnar Asplund in 1939. If you walk into the cemetery, you follow the stony path towards where I was standing, shooting this. If you do that, you will have three chapels to your left. The pond will be just to the right, and if you turn just a little bit more, you can choose to walk up to the Meditation Hill, that I have shown you a few times.

6 comments:

Sharon said...

Fantastic photo. It is perfect for a cemetery scene.

Bill said...

Nice composition, it could be a cover for a mystery novel.

RedPat said...

A super shot.

JudithK said...

What sort of trees are those on the right....with drooping limbs. They are just right for this scene.

William Kendall said...

A moody shot.

Stefan Jansson said...

They are elm trees, Judith. I have more photos of them in the album.