Monday, January 16, 2023

Söders Hantverkshus

Söders Hantverkshus
I used to work in this building at Renstiernas gata on Södermalm. For quite a few years. At a small industrial company on the third floor. It was many years ago. A very famous guitar maker, Georg Bolin, had his workshop next door, and you would often see famous musicians coming and going. Bolin also worked at a school that was based in this building for something like sixty years. It was called Carl Malmstensskolan. My boss had a bit of a crush on the woman who owned and ran the restaurant where we had lunch every day, two stairs down. She was also a singer in a successful group at the time. One afternoon as I left work, I walked past a bus stop when a horrible accident occurred. A bus hit and ran over the famous guitar maker. That was quite the story at the restaurant for the next few days. I was reminded by this as I walked down the stairs here a couple of days ago.

7 comments:

roentare said...

Not only the photo looks so good with the patterns and style, but you also worked in it previously. This is such a memorable moment

biebkriebels said...

What a terrible accident to remember...

Andy said...

I am always amazed at how you keep everything in straight lines. My photos always seem to have a bit of distortion in them.

s.c said...

Sad story Stefan but also a nice memory.

Stefan Jansson said...

A quick fix in Lightroom, Andy.

William Kendall said...

What memories.

Sharon said...

A lot of memories of this building.