Saturday, January 07, 2023

Gröna Huset

Gröna Huset
A building with an interesting history. Some people claim that the building, that a century ago was a convenient store, was moved from Fors, a few kilometers from here to its current position across the road from the Tungelsta commuter station. Supposedly when the new railway line Nynäsbanan was constructed. It is also said to have a secret room. I heard that story from a guy who grew up here. Another story says that the then King of Sweden spent the night here when the first steam locomotive passed by here, (but I am pretty sure the King opted for a stop a couple of station's further to the south, at Ösmo). For the time being, the building is undergoing a big renovation. For many years, this was known as Vasco's place. A popular pizzeria and drinking place for thirsty locals. But since a year and a half it is known as Gröna Huset. On the menu these days are shepherds pie, salmon salad, halloumi burger and desserts like apple pie and chocolate cake.

9 comments:

Pat said...

Lovely Green House. I think I like today's menu better.

Anonymous said...

One of my favourite spots in Haninge. We’re lucky to have such a friendly and well-managed pub/bar/restaurant in Tungelsta! Thanks for an interesting historical overview.

Rob Siemann said...

Shepherd's and apple pie for me!

Andy said...

Yes, interesting history for sure... and it still looks new.

William Kendall said...

Shepherds pie for me too. I like the look of it.

Bill said...

A rich history and a very attractive building. The menu sounds great!

RedPat said...

I love the look of it.

s.c said...

Looks good an the color is different from the more red wooden housing in wood.

roentare said...

Shepherds' pies are my favorite