Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Benbrytarväder

Benbrytarväder
I am yet to go through most of the mist photos I took yesterday, but here is a first one. This is from the cemetery I visit so often. Skogskyrkogården at Enskede. This is a little birch forest with newly planted trees next to the 888-meter-long path known as sju brunnars stig. Looking through my Flickr album, I realized that this was my 365th photo from the Woodland Cemetery, which is its English name. Since a few decades, this is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and it is a big tourist destination. There are around ten funerals here every day, year round. Oh, and the title benbrytarväder means bone-breaking weather. Had this been a Spring, Summer, or Autumn visit, I would have walked into the forest to one of the benches, but it looked way too icy for that.

10 comments:

Luis Gomez said...

Gorgeous image! So cold!

roentare said...

This is a stunning view! Love the chilling effect

s.c said...

Beautiful view Stefan.

Andy said...

Live and learn eh? For me seeing birch trees in a row in a Cemetery is something that I have not seen before.

Stefan Jansson said...

If you have the time, have a look at the album. Great place this. Designed by two 30-year-old architects a century ago.

photo album

Sharon said...

This is a beautiful image. I love it.

William Kendall said...

That is a beautiful view.

Bill said...

Another beautiful view, Stefan.

RedPat said...

The mist gives this so much atmosphere. So nice.

JudithK said...

I think this is a really wonderful photo. One of your best. I didn't realize this was ice, until I read about your title. Oh. Sheesh. Anyway, this is a keeper.