Friday, August 05, 2022

The bride and the groom

Wedding Shoot
I will often make a pit-stop at Stockholm City Hall. Sometimes for a bite to eat, sitting down by the Riddarfjärden bay looking at the view. One time when I did that this year, thieves stole my bike bag. I was also here when my bike broke down a while back. So it is not all positive. But usually I am here because it is a great place if you enjoy people watching, and that is one of my big hobbies. Nothing more fun that photographing people. It is very popular to get married at City Hall, and if you pick the right day, chances are that you might walk in to a wedding shoot. This, I am guessing, was a Syrian wedding. I counted at least three official photographers, as well as a number of tourists with their smartphones.

9 comments:

biebkriebels said...

The bride looks very beautiful. Yes those bearded men must be from another culture.

s.c said...

Lovely observation again Stefan and I agree with you. Nothing more pleasant than to observe your fellow human beings.

William Kendall said...

A good shot.

roentare said...

Such a great candid wedding photo

Andy said...

Good luck to the Bride and Groom. I wishing them lots of love and happiness.

RedPat said...

Everyone looks so good dressed up. Those dresses are gorgeous.

Jack said...

I agree completely. When I lived in West Hartford, I often went over to Elizabeth Park on Saturday and Sunday afternoons. I could rely on multiple weddings or wedding photo sessions each day. Stockholm City Hall looks like a fine place for people watching and people photographing.

Linda d said...

I am much more jaded at 58 than I was at 28. When I see people get married now, I shake my head and think “good luck, you’ll need it”.

Great shot though!

Amy said...

Being married isn't for me but good luck to those who do decide to take the plunge, beautiful photo