Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Beach from a distance

Långholmsbadet
A week ago I showed you a real Summer shot with people enjoying a lazy day at Långholmsbadet. Some of you were surprised to learn that there are beaches in Stockholm. All you have to do really is to look at a map over the city to see that there is a lot of water here, and islands, and beaches. I figured it would be fun to show the Långholmen beach from a distance, so I took the bike over to Marieberg and biked up the hill and shot this view. I was standing next to a building that I have showed you before, The Accordion Building. So here is the little beach, and if the high rises in the background looks familiar it is because I showed you the yet to open Sky Bar at Liljeholmen a while back.

7 comments:

s.c said...

I recognize that building with the bar on top indeed.

RedPat said...

It is nice to have a beach so close to where people live.

Sharon said...

What a great view!

William Kendall said...

A splendid view.

roentare said...

Beautiful cityscape. I can see it as a city surrounded by water too.

Stefan Jansson said...

This whole island is heaven for sunbathers. I remember going for a walk here maybe three years ago with a friend. We saw thousands of people sunbathing everywhere.

Stefan Jansson said...

I had this idea to climb all the hills in Stockholm and shoot the view, and that will probably take me a while!