Monday, August 22, 2022

Running For Office

Wanted
Back in the day, did you ever watch the Alan Parker movie, Midnight Express? About a guy who smuggles hashish and ends up in a Turkish prison. I have seen it a couple of times. Why do you ask I hear you say? Well we have an upcoming general election here, in three weeks time, so everywhere you look there are election posters. And normally they all look the same. A smiling and styled politician on a very photoshopped image looking at you with the biggest fake smile that you have ever seen. So when I spotted this one yesterday, I stopped for a second look. This is Bengt O Björklund. Poet. Artist, and also running for office for The Left Party. And I can assure you that this photo is not styled in any way. Or photoshopped. Back to the movie Midnight Express, where there is a character called Erich. He is based partly on Bengt who was convicted for hashish smuggling in Turkey back in 1968. He was sentenced to 12 years in prison.

6 comments:

s.c said...

This is already a very nice introduction for Bengt as a politician. I wish him success.

Andy said...

I like his dress code. ;-)

RedPat said...

Good one.

William Kendall said...

He looks genuinely grumpy.

roentare said...

I get what you mean. It is the unpolished genuine reveal that is earthy and real. That poster looks like a missing person ad.

JudithK said...

Ah. Sort of in the spirit of Willie Nelson in Texas. But Willie hasn't run for office. I'd vote for him if he did.