Wednesday, August 24, 2022

At the market

At the market A Day With Picasso Liquorice Market Farmers Market Bondens egen marknad
On Saturdays, chances are good that you could find something to buy at the farmer's market at Katarina Bangata on Södermalm. Bondens egen marknad in Swedish. I was there for the people shots, of course. I noticed the Picasso bag and walked a little closer to get a good shot. I had to wait for a few people to walk past it. I also noticed a young woman, she was eyeing both me and the Picasso bag. I gave her a smile as I walked away, and a few minutes later I saw her talking to the seller and paying for her new bag. The girl selling the liquorice is always there. I am a big liquorice fan, as are most Swedes, so I am sure she makes some money from that stand.

5 comments:

roentare said...

Looks like a busy crowd! The pedestrians dress in classic way. The painting looks kind of "out there".

s.c said...

Yes there it's really time for a round of photographing around you. Fun.

RedPat said...

That looks like a really popular market.

William Kendall said...

Wonderful street shots. I get out to our farmer's market a couple of times a month.

JudithK said...

Argh. Lakrits. It always amazes me that people think cilantro tastes a bit like it. Cilantro I like (and they seem to have found that those who think it tastes like soap have a genetic cause) but licorice...no. Nej. Some fine photos here...I especially liked the woman walking with the taller man and who was apparently speaking to him. About something?? Always a story.