Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Yachts

Granstein Sailing Segelbåt Fin 2220
A few more images from the start of the offshore race, Gotland Runt. This time taken in the portrait mode. I had a hard time getting what I call clean shots, but I got a few. Four hundred yachts took part in the race this year. The first Gotland Runt took place back in the 1930s. After leaving Stockholm they sail down to, and then around the big island Gotland, before turning back towards the finising line at Sandhamn. It usually takes 48 hours, depending on the weather, of course. I made an album called Setting Sail for the photos I snapped from Fjällgatan. I might add more photos to it later as I have several unedited photos on my hard drive.

6 comments:

s.c said...

Really beautiful shots of those boats. Ready for a catalog or a sailing magazine. Well done Stefan.

William Kendall said...

These are well kept up. Terrific shots.

magiceye said...

Cool captures! Must be fun!

Sharon said...

Such beautiful photos! 400 yachts represents quite a lot of money!

Bill said...

wonderful captures of the yachts. They sure catch the eye with their beauty.

RedPat said...

These are super shots.