Friday, July 29, 2022

I will remember this for a while

Another rant, sort of
I will remember this moment. I jumped off the e-bike, took the photo of the boats at Kungsholms strand. And then the chain slipped. I had no tools with me, and you need tools for everything on this type of bike. So I took the bike for a long and very hot walk to City Hall. Obviously it was the warmest day of the year with 33C in the shade, but where I was there was no shade to be found. At City Hall I drank a lot of water, before finding a bit of shade in a corner. I sat down and weighed my options. Find a repair shop and maybe leave the bike there for a day. Continue my walk to Södra Station where you can get on the commuter train with a bike, but not at rush hour, which it of course was. Or, the more expensive choice. Call a cab. It arrived just three minutes later. Cost me 900SEK to get home. But it was worth it.

8 comments:

biebkriebels said...

Where would we be without our bike.... Glad you got home anyway.

s.c said...

What bad luck and always just at the worst time. Hope the chain has been repaired by now. By the way, you can't tell from your photo. Good luck.

Jack said...

Sorry about that. Bad luck!

William Kendall said...

Definitely something that won't be forgotten.

RedPat said...

What a day. Glad you finally got home.

Stefan Jansson said...

I put the chain back when I got home. I probably need a new one, but I have used the bike twice without any problem since.I clocked 80 km today. And I have some tools with me now.

Amy said...

Ouch 33 degrees, I think that's just about the hottest we get here.

JudithK said...

After a day like that, being able to come home for 90 bucks USD is well worth it. I'd probably have paid twice that. Nothing like being home after a hard day.