Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Counting Cranes

Counting Cranes Nacka Yit Danviksklippan
There is a man-made hill at Björkhagen. It is called Hammarbybacken. The Hammarby Hill. The top of the hill is at 93 m.ö.h. From there you have a great view over parts of Stockholm and Nacka. The hill is today operated by a company called Skistar.com. They offer alpine skiing during the winter. The skiing world cup comes here once a year. The rest of the year the hill is popular with cyclists, hikers and people working out. The company also offer other attractions that you can read about on their web site. My visit was a bit special. Around 22C. I rode my bike there. Parked it, and then decided to climb up the toughest way, as I am quite fit. I stopped a few times for photos, some of which you can see here. They show Nacka, Danviksklippan, Sickla and more. But then, halfway up, a rainstorm moved in. I turned around and made my way down in the mud without falling once. I then spent 30 minutes under a roof, hiding from a hard rain and a serious hailstorm. When the hailstorm gave up, I figured biking in the rain was a good option, so that is what I did for around one hour. The rain stopped as I entered Haninge and when I arrived to the old tree and took the photo I showed you on Sunday I had almost dried up!

6 comments:

s.c said...

Oh well, progress.

Sharon said...

Counting cranes is popular here too.

William Kendall said...

Quite something how the weather can turn on you.

RedPat said...

Cranes everywhere here too. Sound like you were luck to be under shelter when the hail came down.

JudithK said...

All of that is amazing - the man made hill and its uses, your achievements of the day. Good grief. I can't take it all in at once.

roentare said...

It is an evolving city that one could still ride a bike soaking up the whole city view