Sunday, February 26, 2023

Old Town Architecture

The Grand Square Zoéga Mellanrost
Possibly two of the most iconic buildings in the old town in Stockholm. At Stortorget. The Grand Square. To the left, Schantzska huset. Built in 1650. And next to it, the older, Seyfridtzska huset, from around 1520. There have been markets on this square for just over 500 years, and I have shown you the last two Christmas Markets here. You will also find the Nobel museum at the square. And usually a lot of tourists. I shot this as a panorama with my Canon 77D, using the 60mm lens. I "cleaned" it up a bit by removing a wire. I am yet to try the coffee from Zoéga. I bought it on the same day as I took the photo.

8 comments:

joaquín said...

Creo que esa foto ha vuelto en la cámara de todos los que hemos visitado Estocolmo

Bob Crowe said...

Looks a bit Amsterdam-ish.

21 Wits said...

Thank you, this is absolutely beautiful!

Bill said...

Nice architecture of these two beautiful buildings.

roentare said...

The classic old buildings have a special architectural design.

RedPat said...

I love these buildings. Thanks for showing them.

William Kendall said...

Marvelous architecture.

JudithK said...

So many window panes. Of course it was hard to make bigger ones, and any windows at all were a boon. Richer you were, the more panes you had. And I think in England, they were taxed. And I don't even want to think about cleaning them.