Tuesday, May 20, 2014

It's Dandelion Season

It's Dandelion Season
Dandelion season at the little horse farm between Västerhaninge and the Bronze Age burial ground in Jordbro. Normally the pasture is open for the horses but as it was empty I walked in for a few photos. Back in the late 1970s my mother and an uncle used to make wine from Dandelion. It was illegal back then. They used my grandparents basement and I can confess to "removing" quite a few bottles during my teenage years, and I can also say that I will never ever drink that stuff again.

9 comments:

Andy said...

This is one thing your part of the world and mine have in common. Here they are considered a weed but to me they have a sea of yellow beauty.

Lasse Jansson said...

Maskrosvin, ja jisses. Just nu konkurrerar maskrosorna med rapsfälten om att lysa gult. Det är otroligt mycket maskrosor bl.a. ute på vall-åkrarna just nu. En fin svensk miljö du visar upp på din bild!

Lowell said...

That's amazing! We had lots of them in Minnesota and they were a pain in the arse, but they're pretty much nonexistent in Florida.

VP said...

I have never seen so many dandelions!

Wibbo said...

Lovely shot - gorgeous yellow!

William Kendall said...

We have them here, of course. I've never had dandelion wine, mind you. Beautiful capture!

Stuart said...

What a beautiful field. I remember trying to eat a dandelion as a kid. From that experience I cannot imagine how one could make wine from that stuff.

Jack said...

It is a fabulous scene, Steffe, but I will confess that I use a lawn service that is under strict instructions not to let any dandelions live on my lawn.

Rose said...

I have heard of dandelion wine...don't have any desire to taste it. Beautiful view here, though.