Friday, May 05, 2023

We live in uncertain times

We live in uncertain times
I took this photo yesterday. In a nature reserve where at the moment, millions of wood anemones are blooming. At the same time, a few hundred meters from where I was, a twenty five-year-old gang member was shot in the chest, and obviously badly injured. A short time later, I could see and hear the police helicopter. There were quite a few people out and about here, some looking at the anemones. I also noticed a group that might have been archeology students at the Iron Age burial ground. Oh, and chances are that there were also a group of armed criminals hiding in the forest. The injured man was flown to hospital with an ambulance helicopter. I followed this story all day yesterday, and in the early evening it was reported that two people had ben arrested in connection with the shooting.

10 comments:

s.c said...

I wonder have you seen bees at those flowers ?

Luis Gomez said...

Your post made me think of how I catch myself sometimes thinking about the million things that can happen while I am doing something. Have a nice weekend.

biebkriebels said...

Scary times....

Sharon said...

Your photo looks so peaceful and calming. Quite different then the situation you describe happened at the time you took it.

joaquín said...

Tan inciertos los tiempos como hermosa tu fotografía

RedPat said...

You never know what bad things are going on around you.

roentare said...

Beauty is among us. You spot this well

William Kendall said...

What a contrast between setting and situation.

Bill said...

Crazy and scary times.

Stefan Jansson said...

Oops, sorry for the late response, but yes, this is bee favorite every Spring.