Saturday, May 20, 2023

The Concrete Pier

Someone needs a good spanking The concrete pier
To get into the city, I often cycle over a high bridge at Skanstull. Last year, the Stockholm municipality decided in their wisdom to make the bike path a little wider here. Which makes it very easy for me to stop midway over the bridge to take some photos. I can park the bike and take a look at the view without being in the way of anyone else. There are quite a few things you can photograph from up there, but today I will show you two photos of "betongbryggan", or in English the concrete pier. This neighborhood is called Hammarby sjöstad. The city by the water. The pier is very popular, weather permitting. I took the top photo in late April, (the graffiti was from the day before), and the second one in early May. I have taken a few more photos since as I find it a fun way to present the current weather!

9 comments:

Andy said...

A great place to relax and rejuvenate on your day off work.

s.c said...

Nice pier and those circles certainly look different from normal but for docking a boat they seem a bit difficult to me but maybe that's just the point.

Stefan Jansson said...

No docking here, this is all just for the sunbathers.

magiceye said...

Wow! A pier built for sunbathing!

RedPat said...

I love the look of it.

William Kendall said...

I am oddly reminded of a ship overturned on its side.

roentare said...

Sunbathing crowd on the concrete pier

Stefan Jansson said...

Oh, and I just looked at one of my recent photos of the pier where a water taxi has just arrived, so I guess I was wrong about the no boat policy!

Stefan Jansson said...

We do love the sunshine after the long dark Winter.