Sunday, May 21, 2023

Long rant of the day

Eight construction workers Long rant of the day Stockholms Ström 2 Marina Tower Djurgården White t-shirts
So I decided to walk up to Fåfängan a while back. It is a lookout point on Södermalm in Stockholm. I took a lot of photos during my half hour-long visit. From maybe ten different spots. Walked up and down, right to left. Then sat down for a bite to eat and drink before continuing photographing. And then, back down below the stairs, I was ready to continue my bike ride as it was a beautiful day for that sort of thing. Only to realize that somewhere along the walk I had lost my key to the eBike. So I spent another half hour walking in my own footsteps, but the key was nowhere to be found. The eBike weighs 22 kilos, so you can't just lift it up and carry it to wherever. So I called a woman who owns a truck, she usually drives to Stockholm on a daily basis, but obviously not on this day. So I had to call a taxi. That costed me, 1000SEK. I then emailed Cykloteket, where I bought the bike, and told them my sad story and asked if they could give me two spare keys. No, that is impossible, you have to bring us the bike so that we can remove your old lock and replace it with a new, very expensive new one. Thanks, but no, thanks. So I opened the Gazelle website and five minutes later, thanks to the ID-number on the spare key that I had in a box at home, I ordered two new keys. Oh, and the photo here shows a building site where hundreds of new apartments are under construction at Tegelviksgatan. A ferry that will take you to Fjäderholmarna. The Marina Hotel at Danviken in Nacka. Expensive villas at Royal Djurgården and two women wearing white t-shirts sitting on a bench at another lookout point at Åsöberget. And, in the second photo, the stairs where I probably lost my key.

7 comments:

s.c said...

Not very lucky then but you don't see that on your foto's. Hope you get your key's quick again.

Stefan Jansson said...

The camera was already back in the bag when I realized that the key was gone. So no more photos that day. Had a great chat with the taxi driver, also a keen cyclist.

magiceye said...

Tough luck but great that all's well!
Beautiful captures!

RedPat said...

There is always something to ruin a nice day. Glad that you got home finally.

William Kendall said...

What a day that is.

roentare said...

The photos are great as usual. Sorry for your key loss drama. It makes us appreciate the uneventful days more.

Stefan Jansson said...

I got the keys now. And the fit my lock.