Thursday, May 04, 2023

That Old Tree

That Old Tree
Cycling home on Valborgsmässoafton I decided to check in with the old tree. We celebrate the arrival of Spring during Walpurgis Night, so I thought it would be appropriate with a visit to the Swedish Whitebeam. I know from photographing the tree for the last 19 years that it is a real slow starter every Spring, so no real surprise to see it still in Winder mode. I had the wrong lens with me, so this is a panorama from twenty photos, shot with the 60mm lens. The two girls out horseback riding were a bit closer when I started shooting, but twenty snaps later they were further down the path.

7 comments:

roentare said...

The lone tree too. Nice work without any distortions

s.c said...

It remains a beautiful sight Stefan. I didn't have the right lens with me yesterday for architecture either. Missed my wide angle.

Andy said...

Swedish Whitebeam? How many Old Trees do you have?

Stefan Jansson said...

Only one Andy. The Swedish name is Oxel. And the English is Swedish Whitebeam.

Sharon said...

Such a beautiful sky to frame this photo.

William Kendall said...

It looks in fine form.

Bill said...

A beautiful sight indeed!