Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Lakeside Living

Läderfabriken
After my stop at Hellasgården I continued my bike ride and a few minutes later I arrived at Järla. Also in the Nacka municipality. The lake is called Järlasjön. I like the mix of architecture here. The brick building is known as Läderfabriken. The Leather Factory. It dates back to 1888. Later it was also used for other things, but the name stayed on. In more modern times, Oscar Properties together with Fabege have turned the old factory into a very modern apartment building. There are 59 apartments here. From a 19 square meter one-room apartment to one at 149 square meters. And there is even a dog spa, because why not!

5 comments:

s.c said...

And a lot of them have a grandiose view of the lake. Must very fine living there.

William Kendall said...

Quite a view they'd have.

Bill said...

The view must be spectacular.

RedPat said...

I love old conversions like that. Must be an expensive place to live.

roentare said...

Leather factory turned into an apartment building is really an interesting idea. I wonder what the interior looks like