Sunday, May 07, 2023

Scare of the day

Scare of the day
Cycling towards Stockholm a couple of days ago. Riding close to the fence that separates the bike path from the motorway access road. Through the shrubs I could see the truck. It was a recycling truck, loaded with three big containers. The driver was not in control of the vehicle. Driving too fast. And then one of the containers fell off the truck heading for the bike path where I was. Luckily, it landed near the fence and came to a halt there. But as you can see, the side opened. The noise was spectacular. And I saw the container coming towards me in slow motion. After gathering my thoughts, I stopped to take this photo. No sign of the driver. Two minutes later, when I was sitting on a bench nearby, I heard the first police sirens. Biking the other way a few hours later, they were still cleaning up the road.

9 comments:

Rob Siemann said...

Lucky you!

s.c said...

Scary moment Stefan.

Andy said...

You are a lucky guy Stefan. The driver must have been going too fast on the curve causing the load to fall off.

Bill said...

A moment you'll always remember.

Sharon said...

You are very lucky. That could have been a disaster.

RedPat said...

Glad that you are alright.

William Kendall said...

A mess to deal with.

JudithK said...

Probably felt like slow motion for you, slow inexorable motion. Glad you didn't get crunched.

Luis Gomez said...

Glad to know nothing happened to you.