Sunday, March 20, 2022

St Patrick's Day

St Patrick's Day Stockholm Pipe Band St Patrick's Day Stockholm Pipe Band Ladies Dogs Guinness Kungsan Stockholm Pipe band St Patrick's Day Who, me?
I visited my first ever St Patrick's day Parade yesterday. Held at Kungsträdgården in central Stockholm. The park was packed with Irish people of all ages. And a lot of others as well. There was live music. And the Stockholm Pipe Band. Also, a lot of dressing up, or down, I guess! Guinness of course. Skål! And food stalls. And dogs, lots of dogs. I listened to a few passionate speeches from the organizers, and also from two ambassadors. The Irish of course, but also from the ambassador from Ukraine, and you can see both ambassadors walking next to St Patrick himself in the top photo. After 90 minutes or so, the parade got under way with the help of the pipe band. Also, worth noting was that we had a record-breaking temperature, around 14C from a clear blue Winter sky.

7 comments:

s.c said...

The Irish are really everywhere.

Andy said...

St Patrick's Day is always a fun day... too bad it only comes once a year.

Bill said...

Your celebration was a lot bigger than ours. We had a small parade come by and it was over in about an hour. Small village, small ceebration but it was fun seeing it for the first time in three years.

Luis Gomez said...

Great shots. Here the parade was cancelled again this year.

William Kendall said...

Quite a turn out!

Stefan Jansson said...

Great fun it was I did follow the parade for a bit, first on foot and then on my bike until they turned right at Sergels Torg, where I turned left and headed for home.

Amy said...

I like St Patricks day celebrations, green is my favourite colour and the kilts are always a favourite.