Friday, March 11, 2022

Royal Guard

Royal Guard
I walked into the Royal Palace at Gamla stan in Stockholm the other day. It was a quiet time, not too many visitors there. Decided to take a portrait of a Royal Guard. They have been here protecting the Royal Family since 1523. This guy tried his best not to smile too much as I approached him with my new mirrorless Canon. Fun fact, when my brother did his conscription a few eons ago, he was in charge of these guys. His job when they were at the palace was to see that they were all doing okay and that the had everything they needed, like something to drink.

7 comments:

Andy said...

I am impressed at what I am seeing. It is rare to see someone on guard duty with a smile.
(‾⌣‾)

s.c said...

Nice portrait of the guard and I agree with Andy.

RedPat said...

That is a nice little smile.

Sharon said...

Great portrait! He looks so young.

Linda said...

When did they start hiring high schoolers for guard duty? He looks like he just got his license to drive.

Stefan Jansson said...

I did my conscript aged 20, so he should be around that age plus or minus one year I guess.

William Kendall said...

I'm reminded of the guards at our war memorial.