Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Manhole Cover

Manhole Cover
On a weekly basis hundreds of thousands of people walk by this fun sculpture at Peter Myndes backe either not seeing it, or if they do, they just give it a quick glance and continue to wherever they are going. It was made in honour of Hasse Alfredson, a beloved comedian who at the time had been voted most popular person in the country. The sculpture was made by K.G Bejemark and it spent it's first few decades at Nybroviken before being moved to Slussen some ten years ago. It was named Humor, and the face of the worker looking up the manhole is based on Alfredson.

5 comments:

Sharon said...

I like this! I'm glad you stopped for a photo to share.

Bill said...

Very cool, I like it too.

RedPat said...

It's wonderful.

William Kendall said...

That's different!

21 Wits said...

Oh my gosh great title as we all need a bit of humor and this is priceless I certainly would snap possibly too many shots getting all the angles right?!