Thursday, May 31, 2007

Dove on a limb

Dove on a limb

This dove lives in the forest here at Bergdalen. We did have a problem some years ago when they nested on the roof but as long as they stay in the forest I'm happy. Over the last week this dove has been moving closer and closer to my veranda. The cat, Tindra, who originally lived with the neighbours, but who now lives here, is very upset, but I like it as I can get some good shots of the bird. What you can't see (or hear), is Tindra under the tree. When the dove finally flew away she ran after it. Normally I will link to a bigger version of my shots, but I made a very cool Out Of Bounds photo of this so try this link for that.

5 comments:

Janet said...

A great closeup.

Anonymous said...

It is a nice shot of what we call a "Mourning Dove." I had no idea they were international.

Brookville Daily Photo

lv2scpbk said...

Nice up close photo. You can see all the details. I really like how you blured the background.

Anonymous said...

nice shot !
I have a photoblog with photos only from my city... Suceava / Romania... do you want to exchange links ? my photoblog address is http://suceveanul.com/ my mail address is mail (at) mariusmuscalu.com

Anonymous said...

wonderful photo