Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Carl von Linné

Happy 300th birthday

The swedish botanist Carl von Linné was born on this day 300 years ago. Today known as the father of modern taxonomy. To celebrate that I give you this mosaic created with some of my flickr flower photos from around Haninge. At UppsalaUniversity where Linné was a professor, they celebrate in style with a visit by The Japanese Emperor and swedish royals. Some of the celebrations can be seen here.
Carl von Linné. Botanist. Father of modern taxonomy. Born on this day 300 years ago. Bigger mosaic.

1. Smultron, 2. Svalört, 3. Perennial Spiral, 4. Fibonacci Spiral, 5. Flower Spiral, 6. Dandelion, 7. Go Brazil!, 8. Hepatica, 9. fibonacci spiral, 10. Vitsippa, 11. Blue and Yellow, 12. Tussilago, 13. Tussilago Farfara, 14. Dead or Alive?, 15. Fibonacci Spiral, 16. Tussilago, 17. Fibonacci Spiral, 18. Hover Fly on a Strawflower, 19. Sunflower, 20. Fibonacci Spiral+Green Fly, 21. Fibonacci Spiral+Lygus lineolaris II, 22. Fibonacci Spiral+Lygus lineolaris, 23. So, what is it?, 24. A Green Spiral

Created with fd's Flickr Toys.

2 comments:

stromsjo said...

Good composition and a great initiative bringing the local flowers into the limelight. So #4 is a Fibonacci Spiral? I was wondering at Sofiero Castle some weeks ago but I haven’t got a clue about flowers. Thanks.

Beetle said...

I love flowers and your photo to day reminds me when I went to florist and by see the picture I can choose the seed according to the flower i plan to plant