Sunday, April 10, 2022

What about Mexican?

What about Mexican?
What about Mexican? Well, it is Sunday, so maybe not tonight. But, and you probably didn't know this about Sweden. A lot of people over here have a Taco Friday. I used to have that with my brother and mother for a number of years. It was mostly my brother's fault as he often ate out with colleagues and got the taste for Mexican food. In the country as a whole, it started back in the 1990s. You can read an article about it here if you like. Anyway, this is a Mexican restaurant at Vasastan in Stockholm.

8 comments:

Andy said...

The spicier the better!

s.c said...

I wouldn't have expected it but yes world globalization does a lot.

Bill said...

I love Mexican food, we had some tacos last night. The article was interesting to read, thanks for the link.

Sharon said...

I love Mexican food which very plentiful where I live. I think it's becoming more popular all over the world. I used to like spicy but these days I've had to tone it down a bit.

RedPat said...

I love Mexican food too but didn't know about your Taco Friday tradition. The old tradition here was fish & chips on Friday since you were not supposed to eat meat on Fridays. Of course that was when more people went to church than they do now.

William Kendall said...

Admittedly I am not a fan of spicy food, so I avoid Mexican.

JudithK said...

Ha. So. WEll, what do you enjoy Mexican food? You didn't say.

Amy said...

I like mexican food but don't understand tacos, they break so easily