Monday, April 25, 2022

Cherry Blossom

Cherry Blossom Where are you? Cherry Blossom Kungsträdgården
Kungsträdgården in Stockholm is always a busy place. That is where I was for the St. Patrick's Day Parade, and the Medieval market. And on this visit I was there to see the Cherry Blossom. The trees were a gift from the Japanese Emperor Akihito to the Swedish King Carl XVI Gustaf some twenty years ago. They bloom for a week every Spring and people go crazy taking selfies. Tourist arrives in hordes as does schoolkids and let's face it, everyone else, me included, although I didn't shoot any selfies. I do like the humor shown by the woman to the left in the top photo. She didn't have her iPad with her, so she took a few imaginary shots just in case. I am yet to go through all the Sakura photos, so chances are that I will show you a few more in the coming days.

5 comments:

s.c said...

Beautiful. Now the whole of Japan will come to Stockholm.

Andy said...

Wow... the blossoms are a beautiful sight.

RedPat said...

Ours are not blooming yet. It becomes a frenzy of people taking shots.

William Kendall said...

Gorgeous blossoms

JudithK said...

Those first two photos are splendid. The shadows....