Thursday, March 20, 2008

Outdoor Art

Outdoor Art

We have had some snow over the last couple of days. Yesterday I was caught in a hale storm and today in a snow storm! When the snowing stopped I was able to take a photo of a cool sculpture. Every year there is an Art Promenade in Österhaninge. Artists from the Kyrkskolan gallery pick a theme, and it always makes for an interesting promenade, either in the gallery garden or along the roads in the neighbourhood. This piece from an earlier art promenade can still be seen along Kalvsviks Road. Bigger photo.

5 comments:

Eric said...

I like that sculpture very much.

Anonymous said...

This is quite different and in the snow very nice to me.

I hope you get to see my Brookville blog today. You can see me in my car on the Interstate going 65 mph. Wheeee!

stromsjo said...

What's the size of this artwork? Like a grown man standing there?

Karlis Beinerts said...

We have something similar, if I may say, in a small village Kolka. The monument is to those who did not return from sea.

Stefan Jansson said...

Thanks all. Pretty much that size Per. There are another one just up the road, also from a few years ago. I guess I will have to go back and take a photo of that sculpture now!