Tuesday, April 30, 2024

Five Doors Down

Norr Mälarstrand 26 Mind your head Von der Lindeska huset Plywood entrance Cirio
I have been known to photograph a lot of windows. So much so that local doors started to complain about it, so I will try to make amends with this door post, pun intended. The first door is a favorite. Located at Norr Mälarstrand on Kungsholmen. Notice how the pot plants have the address written on them! Next one shows one of very few modern buildings in the old town. Mind your head. Still in the old town this is the entrance to Von der Lindeska huset. Here is my rant about the fourth photo. Most of the buildings in the Old Town dates back a bit. The name kinda gives it away. There are a lot of rules and regulations that you need to know if you would like to change anything. This is Salviigränd. Named after a man who donated a winged retable to the Great Church back in 1654. Chances are he would roll over in his grave if he saw this modern entrance at a building on the alley that bears his name. We finish with a door to a lawyer firm at Biblioteksgatan. The impressive wooden reliefs on the door were made by the sculptor Christian Eriksson a century ago, long before the laywers arrived.

6 comments:

Sharon said...

Great collection of doors. My favorites are the first and last. I agree about the plywood door. That one needs to be changed.

RedPat said...

I assumed that the plywood was a temporary fix while a door was being fixed or constructed. I like them all and would probably own the modern one if I was putting in a door. ;-)

Stefan Jansson said...

I hope it is temporary, will go back and check later in the year.

biebkriebels said...

Those wooden doors are so beautiful decorated.

Jack said...

That plywood door is dreadful, but the final door with carved figures makes up for the other one's ugliness.

William Kendall said...

The last is my favourite.