Friday, June 24, 2022

Midsommarafton

Midsommarafton Trubadurerna Sentosa
It is Midsummer today. Nearly everyone has left Stockholm to celebrate in their summer house or at a friend's place, or maybe somewhere out in the archipelago. But not everyone. I decided to go for a bike ride in the nearly empty capitol. Nice with almost car free streets. And the weather is amazing. 27C from a clear blue sky. I did see and photograph a lot of tourists, of course, on my ride around the city. And then I heard some music from the ship Sentosa at Norr Mälarstrand at Kungsholmen, just a few hundred meters from City Hall. So I stuck around for a couple of songs. Quite the small crowd aboard the ship, maybe five people, that the three musicians that call themselves Trubadurerna were playing for. Not counting the ten or so people sitting on benches nearby, and then me, of course. The band consists of Håkan Bäfve, Josef Ekrelius and Sonny Forsberg. I googled the ship, and it looks like the owner Vidar who I believe lives on the boat is one of the people enjoying the music.

7 comments:

Bill said...

Music, nice weather, out and about taking photos. What a great day!

Rajani Rehana said...

Super post

RedPat said...

Party time!

Amy said...

27 deg sounds good to me, that's nearly about the same temps we get here

William Kendall said...

Quite a boat.

s.c said...

No better way then spending the day.

Barwitzki said...

Med cykeln genom staden och utsikt över havet och båtarna... vad mer kan man begära...
musik :-))
Många hälsningar till dig.