Friday, June 03, 2022

Djurgårdsbrunnskanalen

Lilla Sjötullsbron Rib Stockholm Johansdal Excursion Djurgårdsbrunnskanalen Djurgårdsbrunnskanalen Djurgårdsbrunnskanalen
Another long Swedish name. This is the canal at Royal Djurgården. There are roads on each side of the canal, named after two Princes. Very popular with the locals, and visiting tourists. Top photo shows the bridge, Lilla Sjötullen where I took the portrait in yesterdays post. The people in the RIB where keeping an eye on two duck families just ahead.The third photo shows a classic "Grosshandlarvilla" at Royal Djurgården. The man who had it built back in 1851, Johan Bäckström, named it after himself.

7 comments:

William Kendall said...

Looks like you had some moody skies that day.

RedPat said...

That is quite a villa. It looks like it was a bit cool that day.

s.c said...

Just have a feeling that that dinghy doesn't really belong there.

Stefan Jansson said...

All sorts of boats here. Sightseeing ships. Private motorboats. Canoes. Up to a certain size of course.

Amy said...

A nice house with views over the water

JudithK said...

Pretty fancy boat for checking ducks. I guess if I'd had the wherewithal to build that house, I might name it after myself. (Probably not, but who knows, if I'd have been able to have it built.) Such an idyllic piece of water.

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Visiting Sweden is a bucket list item for me. It looks so beautiful, and I have some relatives there somewhere!