Sunday, September 14, 2008

Jarmo

Jarmo Alanko

This is Jarmo Alanko. He is in charge of Security, Health and Environment at Drefvikens Värmeverk, part of Vattenfall, (the largest generator of heat in Europe). I met him yesterday during the open house day at the Thermal Power Plant in Jordbro. We sat down at a table and talked for about ten minutes. Jarmo is used to talking to the press and media, and handles some of the company's contacts with the authority's. He has appeared in court on a few occasions for the company, on environmental issues, always on the winning side. He told me a lot about his job and the new power plant that will be built here over the next two years. Jarmo has appeared in a few advertisements for Vattenfall. On a recent TV ad shoot, eight people worked hard for ten hours and I appeared in that ad for about two seconds he told me with a laugh! He is often out talking to students at the University's. Four times every year we rent the Marine World Kolmården and invites some 10 000 clients, so I'm very at ease interacting with a lot of people he said. He also told me this story. Jarmo who originally comes from Eskilstuna is married and has two kids. The family lives in Västerhaninge. On his free time he enjoys working out in the gym. I'm a health freak, and average eight sessions per week he said.
This is my 83th photo for the 100 Strangers project. You can see the rest of my strangers in my Set

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Det är ju min granne!

Stefan Jansson said...

Kul. Ingen går säker för min kamera!

D-C said...

The name Jarmo makes me think of an episode from the japanese cartoon Sailor moon where there where this Buddha-demon flying around on a big leave chanting "jarma jarma jarma!" all the time, very funny if you have bad humour as me! :))