Sunday, June 15, 2008

Apartment Fire

Apartment Fire

There was a fire in an apartment at Ribby in Västerhaninge today. I was in the area when the fire and rescue services arrived. They had to knock down the door to the apartment on the third floor. A little later a fire fighter opened the balcony door and you could see a lot of smoke come out. I talked to some of the concerned neighbours. It looks like the owners were staying in a camper at a local beach. They have a daughter but I don't think anyone was home. Will try to find out more later.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The fire appears to have started in the kitchen of a rear unit in the building and may have been started by a cooking incident, according to the lieutenant, who said crews had a pretty good handle on the fire within about a half an hour but it took about three hours to completely extinguish and clean up the scene.

Apartments In Dallas, TX