Thursday, May 09, 2024

Tyresö Palace

Tyresö Palace Fun story of the day Café Notholmen Fiskarholmen Fishing from the bridge Afternoon fishing The English Garden The English Garden
I took a late afternoon bike ride to Tyresö Palace. Early May and everything quickly turning green again. It was a lovely day, warm and not very windy. I actually got a little lost during my ride! Two bike paths that I normally use were closed off because of construction work, so I just picked another randomly and ended up near a dam at Alby nature reserve. But I knew roughly where I was, so I found my way again in no time at all. I stopped at the church and the palace before riding over the bridge to Fiskarholmen. The café was open, and I could hear both German and American spoken. On my way back to the palace and the English garden, the Thai woman wearing the pink pants hit me on the forehead as she was fishing! No real harm done, so I laughed it off when she apologized. Heading home, I took another route, through the Tyresta National Park. Very hilly, and hardly any traffic at all. And you can only ride a bike the whole way, as the main road stops at marinas at both the Tyresö and Haninge side of the National Park.

7 comments:

roentare said...

The buildings look really pleasant. It would be so lovely to walk through there

s.c said...

You really have great surroundings for a bike trip.

Stefan Jansson said...

True. I live on the Södertörn peninsula.

Sharon said...

Sometimes getting a little lost can let you see things you wouldn't have seen on the regular route.

Stefan Jansson said...

Yes, and I will go back and check out that area more closely later.

RedPat said...

Sometimes if I go in the opposite direction than my normal route I discover new things so getting lost can lead to many new sights.

JudithK said...

I just discovered looking at your photos flickr allows for zooming in. Wow. (I got started because I was interested in the person sitting to the left in front of the castle in the first photo...)