Friday, May 24, 2024

That Old Tree

That Old Tree
I have been trying to remember if I have ever experienced a more pleasant month of May in my life, and the answer to that question is, no, I have not. Riding home yesterday afternoon, I felt like celebrating the glorious weather with a second May visit to the old tree. So that is what I did. No farmer out on the field this time, and the only person I saw and said hello to was a young woman out walking her dog. The forecast for today says rain and a little colder, and I guess we really need the rain. Rumors have it that the warm weather will be back come Saturday, and another rumour says that there might be time for a BBQ with the usual suspects. Been three years since!

5 comments:

Jack said...

I really enjoy your photos of That Old Tree. It is looking great this year.

I think climate change has winners and losers. As Scandinavia is so much further north of the USA, it is giving Stockholm a wonderful Spring. (This morning I spoke with a friend in Oslo, who was aglow with the "warm" weather.) In the USA, it is giving us tornados and hurricanes.

s.c said...

Perhaps also the fact that you are now riding an electric bike.

Stefan Jansson said...

That sure helps.

RedPat said...

The tree is looking great. We are having a good May here in Toronto too. 26˚C and sunny today.

Sharon said...

It's looking very great and healthy out there by the old tree.