Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Kalkberget

Egelsviken Himmerfjärden A good place for  some coffee A close call The bay A calming view
This was the third hill I climbed during my hill-climbing week. And the one that was furthest away. It took maybe 90 minutes to get here by car, and that included a short ferry ride at Skanssundet. These photos show the Egelsviken bay and the bigger Himmerfjärden bay from the Kalkberget hill. This is an old limestone quarry at the island of Mörkö. Today a nature reserve with a marked trail up on the hill and through the forest. I was there with one of the usual suspects. We enjoyed coffee looking at the view in the top photo before walking on. I will remember this as the first "Summer" day of the year as it was around 15C from a clear blue sky and I was in my Summer uniform! I took the official route snapping away as I walked. My buddy of the day took another way over the hill but when we compared stories later we both met just one other person up on the hill, a photographer who was busy not looking at the view but crawling on all four shooting macro-images of anemones.

6 comments:

s.c said...

Beautiful nature landscape and still not polluted by human waste. Great to see.

Marleen said...

Beautiful views! A perfect destination to go to with nice Spring weather.

Bill said...

Beautiful views, very nice to see.

RedPat said...

Gorgeous!

William Kendall said...

Your landscapes remind me very much of parts of my country.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

You captured beautiful shots here Steffe. I did smile when I read 15C as your first day of summer, for us that would be a really cold winter day 😉 If that person taking macros of the flowers had red hair it would have been like Aimee, macros are her thing 😊