Sunday, April 11, 2021

A visit to the national park

Tyresta Tyresta Birdspotting
These photos and the one in yesterdays post are all from the Tyresta National Park that I visited earlier in the week. There are several old farm houses at the little village at Tyresta as well as a working farm. Ever since the start of the pandemic the national park has seen a lot of new visitors which is great I think. It is a unique park as it is so close to Stockholm, if you drive it is just 30 minutes away from the nations Capitol. I bike here and that takes me around 45 minutes one-way. On this visit I decided to walk over to the bird-watching tower.

6 comments:

s.c said...

I always love the way how in early days the fences were made in Scandinavia and it looks that every town or village had its own method.

Stefan Jansson said...

This is a gärdesgård fence. I met the guy who made them here a few years ago. He explained the process.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

You picked a beautiful day for your ride to the national Park Steffe ✨

Sharon said...

It's nice to have a National Park so close.

Bill said...

That is great you live close to the National Park. We have to take the bus to ours.

William Kendall said...

A beautiful setting.