Monday, September 28, 2020

Klövberget

A balancing act (two coffees to go) Klövbergstrappan Noret Sailing Tyresö Slott Noret Summerhouse Höstfärger Klövbergstrappan
My plan was to take the bike to the Brevik peninsula in Tyresö. My guess was that it would have taken me around two hours to get there on my bicycle. In the end, I decided to go with a friend so we took his car. And I'm very happy with that decision because this was a very hilly peninsula, never seen anything like it before this close to Stockholm. Our goal was to visit a newish nature reserve at Klövberget. Even with the help of Google Maps on my smartphone, it took us a few wrong turns before we finally got to the nature reserve. There is a big cave here but we decided that the climb to the top would be enough on this first visit. To get there you climb a wooden staircase. My buddy Hasse did a good job balancing the two coffees to go for all the 150 or so steps. The weather was as spectacular as the view over Noret, the bay, Tyresö Palace, and Notholmen. I had to be a little careful as I made my way around the steep cliffs as the wind picked up a bit during our visit. We stayed for maybe 45 minutes. We were both very impressed with the view and decided on the spot to check out a few more places in the are in the future.

4 comments:

s.c said...

Great location with really beautiful views.

Kate said...

Great group of photos, and I wouldn't mind visiting!

RedPat said...

It looks like a gorgeous area! And so close to a big city!

William Kendall said...

I would enjoy that hike. Beautiful shots!