Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Hammerstahus

Hammerstahus Medieval Ruin Anyone good with a chainsaw?
Anyone good with a chainsaw? The Hammersta castle was built by the Knight Eringisle Nilsson d.ä 800 years ago. The castle was abandoned after just 100 years. Back when it was built it was surrounded by water on all four sides. Today the old ruin sits on a field. I have shown it to you before once or twice, I snapped these photos a few days ago. This is a nature reserve so there are rules as to what you can and can not do. I would like to remove the dead trees. I have asked the Skärgårdsstiftelsen, The Archipelago Foundation about that and they told me that they would tro to fix it this Autumn.

5 comments:

s.c said...

Interesting.

jennyfreckles said...

Lovely old walls. Yes, the dead trees don't improve it. Hopefully they'll plant young ones in their place.

William Kendall said...

The old ruins are quite evocative.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Old ruins are fascinating to explore and imagine past times Steffe. I bet that old tree makes a good perch for local birds 😉

Jack said...

I like the ruins. Some naturalists have told me that dead trees are valuable for some insects and animals. In my Florida community, bald eagles like to perch near the top of dead trees.