Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Bird Sanctuary

Bird Sanctuary Big Float
This is the Skutan bird sanctuary in Handen. The wetland is a bit messy at the moment as you can see. I have been here a few times and I have rarely seen any birds. If you have good eyes you might spot the bird tower. The lack of birds was something that the municipality also figured out and they are now trying to fix that. The big float seems like an impressive machine to do the job. It's an amphibious excavator. There's also a nature promenade here and I was standing on that path when I shot the top photo.

8 comments:

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Should look good when it's finished

Birdman said...

Hopefully the 'redesign' will help to bring my fine feathered friends back.

Lasse Jansson said...

Vore jag fågel skulle inte jag heller landa där just nu. Massor av maskiner, oljud och allmänt stökigt. ;-)

Hoppas insatsen lönar sig. Vi människor har ju en tendens att blanda oss i naturen för mycket och denna typ av ingrepp kan gå åt vilket håll som helst utan att vi fattar vad vi gjort rätt eller fel.

VP said...

I was thinking of some kind of destruction, but I am glad to see that this is something positive!

William Kendall said...

I would have thought differently, but this time a construction vehicle is doing something positive for nature.

Lowell said...

It looks like this will be a wonderful sanctuary for our feathered friends.

Jack said...

This is kind of weird. Most birds I know don't like open fields like this. They want some kind of foliage and shrubbery or trees to hide them and protect them.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Looks like the birds have moved out until the work is finished Steffe, a bit like people do when having renovations done :)