Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Punk Rocker

Punk Rocker

On the same spot where I took a portrait of Sandra a couple of days ago, I ran into Matte. He was a bit hard to get talking to, but I guess that is the sort of attitude you need to have when you are a punk rocker. But when I mentioned that I was shooting for my blog, his friend Fredrik got a bit exited, as I had previously met and photographed Fredrik's dad. Matte is from Vendelsö and the band where he sings and plays the guitar is called Rasera (it means destroy or tear down). If you know punk that's not a bad band name, as it was the title of one of Imperiets albums. Rasera have a MySpace site, but there's not much good music there yet, Matte told me. But I'm sure they will have some time during the summer break to write new material.

12 comments:

Krille said...

Haha! I published his big brother on my blog today. Tuppkam is cool :-)

Lowell said...

If every punk rocker wears a Mohawk, do they still count as counter-culturalists?

Yikes!

Chattahoochee Valley Daily said...

Gotta love that hair. Great shot by the way.

Don and Krise said...

Interesting how you are meeting people that in some way are tied to people you've already photographed. The world gets smaller doesn't it?

Olivier said...

le retour du "no futur" nostalgie des années 1977 et des crêtes colorées ;o))
the return of " no future " nostalgia of 1977s and coloured crests ;o))

B SQUARED said...

Never seen an old punk rocker. Wonder if they exist?

AB said...

I can see Steffe is quite a celebrity in Haninge. Word is obviously getting around.

Lois said...

Glad he posed for you! I saw a guy with a similar hairdo in the building where I work recently. I work in the same building with Art and Theatre students, so you never know what you'll see!

lemon said...

...I guess that is the sort of attitude you need to have when you are...

!!!!!
I like very much your approach to peoples attitudes!!

Neva said...

wow.....counter culturalists?yikes is right....love the purple!

Stefan Jansson said...

Spot on Krille, you can never go wrong with a Tuppkam. I collect cool coincidences like that one Don and Krise. A small world it is, in the case of Haninge around 75 000 people live here. Old punk rockers often go bald and retire.

Leif Hagen said...

Hej igen Steffe! Tillbacks fran Europa semester. Coool purple punker photo! Wonder how long it takes him to get his hair ready each morning?! Halsningar fran Hagen