Saturday, June 20, 2009

Disc Gold Anyone?

Disc Golf Anyone?


Lake Rudan is a favorite place for me. If you enjoy the occasional theatre show in the old barn, or sun bathing at the beach, or at the cliffs, or if you prefer mountain bike riding, or fishing, or even ice fishing in the winter, or Nordic skiing, you will appreciate this place. Over the last three years I have shown you all of that and more. And here is another popular pastime activity from the lakes. Disc golf. Meet Robin and Niklas. They were playing disc golf at the Rudan Frisbee Sport Centre k when I met them. The guys told me that they have been enjoying this sport for thirteen years ( that's how long they have known each other), and that they haven't improved anything during that period. Very impressive indeed! I don't play myself, but from what I have heard, this is one of the better courses in the country. The first Frisbee club opened here back in 1979. Robin, the tattooed fellow to the left lives in Jordbro and has his own business. Niklas is a student and will spend the next few years studying computer science at a few local schools. After our brief chat I took a couple of portraits and that was that.

6 comments:

brattcat said...

I'd like to give it a try but I don't think these players would let me on their team.

Lowell said...

Another nice portrait! Disc golf just doesn't do it for me...we've got a very good disc golf course at the Florida Greenway trail...

But this isn't golf...it should be called Disc Tossing or something...

;-)

Don and Krise said...

There is a course not too far away from where we live. It looks like fun. I may have to try it one of these days.

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

There are several frisbee golf courses in parks in Scottsdale, Arizona, but I don't see people playing on them very often. Frisbee is such a liberating, free-form, spontaneous activity, and making it conform to a golf course just seems unnatural to me.

VP said...

I like the portrait and the guys, but I really don't know much about what they are doing... I'm going to check!

Stefan Jansson said...

Spot on Jacob. That's before it was turned into a sport that reminds a lot of the game of golf. I enjoyed the Disc Tossing as you call it for many many hours when I was a teenager. I haven't yet tried the golf version, but you never know!