Thursday, June 04, 2009

Campus Life

Living on Campus

The agricultural school at Berga opened in 1921. Back then it had only male students. Today that has changed quite a bit, especially considering the very popular horse programme. If you walk around the 700 hectare big property you will find many different buildings. Both modern and old farm buildings. They have everything you would find on a modern farm. And there is also a 300 year old mansion (you can see part of it in yesterdays post), or here from my 2007 visit, and a little museum with many objects from the old days. The school is self sufficient when it comes to heating, via a modern pellet heating system. As I have already told you there are many animals at the farm and all livestock feed needed are produced locally, like oat and corn.The building you see here was built for when the school opened in 1921. Back then it had class rooms, campus eateries and student apartments. Today there are newer smaller apartment buildings here and my flickr friend Jim has a fine photo of those apartments. Both Jim and myself have flickr sets with more photos. Here is a link to Jim's photos. And my set is over here.

6 comments:

VP said...

Beautiful image, but I was lost in your Flickr set.
This farm has real bright green John Deeres! The statue of the 'specular' dog is quite nice too.

Lois said...

That is a beautiful old building. I really like the brick chimney and the tile roof.

siva // ശിവ said...

Nice to see...

Anonymous said...

This is a very beautiful building and it looks very modern to me. I think it is the siding which looks the like metal sided buildings being built here in the states and then there is the color which is a warm yellow. Nice photography.

I managed to get a new blog started a few days ago. It is only about flowers.

Our Flower Pot

cieldequimper said...

Cool pic.

Stefan Jansson said...

Yes I like that sculpture. It's a classical Swedish design on that building Lois.