Saturday, November 15, 2008

Just a few facts

Ringvägen 132B


The first people that lived in Haninge were hunters and fishermen. They arrived 9000 years ago and they choose to stay close to Tornberget, a hill at an altutude of 110 meters, the highest point in the greater Stockholm area. 5000 years later the population was still only 50-100 people. During the Bronze Age the population grew and people lived at what is today Tungelsta, Västerhaninge and Jordbro, (where you will find an ancient grave field). In the present day 73 000 people call Haninge their home. When I got my first apartment in 1985 I moved in to this three storey building in Västerhaninge where I'm guessing around 50-100 people live today . If I could pick any place to live I'd perhaps choose a castle and luckily for me there are three in Haninge. Häringe in the south. Årsta in Österhaninge, and Sandemar on the way to Dalarö. This has been a few facts and perhaps there will be more of the same tomorrow.

No comments: