Friday, May 30, 2008

The Tank Truck Company

The Tank Truck Company

A tank truck parked at Stav. A new road is being constructed here. Road 73 from Fors to Nynäshamn is one of the most dangerous stretches of road in Sweden. Many people have died here over the years. When the new road is completed, the old road will be used by cyclists and you will probably see me on my bike, on my way to the beach, or to the nature reserve, or even continuing all the way to the port city of Nynäshamn. Oh, and just a quick note about the price of gas. We pay 100 per cent more here than in the US, so driving is kind of expensive.

2 comments:

stromsjo said...

Still not expensive enough, I'd say. Car traffic isn't showing any sign of declining.

Kris McCracken said...

I wonder that myself here in Tasmania too. I catch the bus each day to and from work, and it costs me $3.20 a day. The people that I work with all drive, and generally pay out $70 a week in petrol, plus another $10 (minimum) a day in parking. Yet they scoff at the notion of catching the bus!

I’m not sure what you have to do to get people to change their habits.