Friday, February 15, 2008

Soon to be glassed-in balcony

Soon to be glassed-in balcony

In this country we love balconies. Weather permitting we spend a lot of time and money on our balconies. If your apartment building doesn't have balconies chances are someone will suggest it and before you know it you are part of the balconist movement. Is that a word? This building at Stora Arken was finished more than a year ago. Now some of the people living here have decided to have a glassed-in balcony. Perfectly understandable if you ask me. Bigger photo.

5 comments:

Sanctus Belle said...

Are the glassed in balconies also roofed? If they don't have a roof, then I'm curious about thier purpose, to keep out the wind? I enjoy your blog!

Pat said...

But, what about on really hot days when you would like to go out on the balcony to get cool?


Pat

Guelph Daily Photo, My Photos.

Stefan Jansson said...

Of course there's a roof! Pretty pointless without one:-)

And you can of course open all the windows in the summertime.

Anonymous said...

Imagine my surprise when I saw my apartment building in a photo. I found your blog by accident, but I'm enjoying it so far. I'll forward the link to my photog friend who lives in Liljeholmen. ;)

Stefan Jansson said...

Glad I could surprise you Michelle!