Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Lyngsta Cottage

Lyngsta Cottage

This is a cottage with some history. It was built back in 1763 and it is the oldest building in the little village of Lyngsta. A rural area with 8 or 9 houses including a few horse farms. Looking at some old documents and maps tells me that Lyngsta once belonged to Stafs Rote and that many of the buildings here was owned by the Upmark family. Today an Englishman lives here and the house has been rebuilt, but the original cottage has been more or less unchanged. Walking around the garden, I can imagine how this place would look in the summer time. I asked the owner if I could visit again later in the year, which he said yes to, so I will be back. Bigger photo.

2 comments:

stromsjo said...

It'd be lovely in the summer - but different. You won't be able to get this kind of shot for instance. You will end up with a blue door, lots of green stuff and no house... ;) Good to read about a cottage with quite a bit of history.

Shannon*~ said...

Hey! I found your blog here from searching through google for cottages:) i must say this caught my eye. very beautiful!