Wednesday, February 14, 2024

That Old Tree

That Old Tree
I met Jane on my way to the tree yesterday. She was out walking with her three dogs. They can run free here, and I remember first seeing her here back in 2007 when she was here with her friend Annika. Jane told me about a possible wolf sighting in the area. Than can be quite scary if you are a dog owner. Someone had found three roe deer carcasses here in just a week's time. One of them down the path here at Klems kulle, and there was also a wolf sighting at Dalarö. So I guess I will have to go out on a wolf stakeout now!

9 comments:

roentare said...

I remembered you mentioned about Jane before. The wolf in the area would be risky?

RedPat said...

Wolves are fierce. Be careful.

Cloudia said...

May you and your dogs remain safe and enjoy a very sunny, beautiful spring soon! Aloha!

Stefan Jansson said...

I don't have any dogs. But I guess all the dog owners here might be a bit worried about the wolf.

s.c said...

It gets a little monotonous but those wolves are already running around here too. Afraid they have to with all this urbanization of the country. Also see that a big branch broke off from the trunk.

Linda said...

Here in Virginia, dog owners have been warned about coyotes. My dog does not run free. He would probably get on the trail of a rabbit and be gone for hours.

William Kendall said...

Definitely best to be mindful.

Stefan Jansson said...

Yes, and very unusual.

Stefan Jansson said...

I have been back to see the tree again. Very foggy, so no sign of anything really.