Monday, February 26, 2024

A February visit to the beach

Hökarängsbadet The beach
Every time I bike to and from Stockholm I pass nearby the little beach, Hökarängsbadet at Lake Drevviken. And every now and then I will do a detour to see what is happening. The beach is a green lawn during the Summer and often very crowded. On this visit, the entire lawn was ice. How the guy standing next to his bike made it there, I do not know. I was wearing my icebugs, but still had to be careful where I stepped. The young girl in the second photo were preparing to go skating on the still frozen lake, but they took their time, so I decided to leave without getting a snap of her out on the ice.

4 comments:

roentare said...

The snowscape is crystal clear popping.

Jack said...

Two fine images. Your winters in Sweden are so different from mine in Florida.

RedPat said...

Somehow it feels colder at a beach in winter.

William Kendall said...

Definitely take care walking.